Merry Christmas, the year 2016
Digital Marketing grew in opportunities in leaps and bounds this year. New platforms and apps were released, however the stable platforms that we thought would never stick, have grown stronger and stronger.
The TOP 6 Digital Marketing highlights of the year were:
- Optimising your website for mobile - having a responsive design for the best user experience regardless of the device they are using.
- Local SEO, where Google placed a higher importance on local search factors and wanting companies to be transparent with their location, services and availability.
- Social marketing - both paid and organic. We saw a dramatic rise in video marketing especially on Facebook, where native uploads were favoured over YouTube links.
- On Page SEO - SEO is not as it used to be. Search Engines now take into account click-through rates, engagement, social signals and relevant content. As well as a number of other factors.
- Videos will continue to be the 'go-to' resource for a majority of consumers. Youtube continues to gets over 5 Billion views a day. Facebook receives 8 Billion views a day
- 'Now-Connected' - my term for instant marketing where Periscope, SnapChat and Instagram have gained massive traction as they connect people to the moment NOW through live streaming.
What else happened this year?
Simply Marketing went to Simply Fiji and had the opportunity to speak at a Business Women's Breakfast. The intent was to help fashion some concepts to help the local women consider how they might start or grow their business.
I spoke after a inspirational and beautiful Fijian woman who has grown her business over 19 years, without all the 'mod-cons' we take for granted. Now she uses Facebook and her website - but for the most of it, she has been diligent in face to face sales and making sure her salon is perfect. She now has contracts with The Sheraton and 3 Fijian Islands, as well as running her own Salon.
I hope you enjoy this snapshot:
So, as this year comes to a close - a Very Merry Christmas. We hope you, your family
and extended business family have a Safe and Wonderful Christmas, and Fun celebrating the beginning of 2017.
See you next year!